Friday, February 18, 2005

Going down in a blaze of glory

Today has been an interesting day so far, and it is only 11:45. We'll start at the beginning:

1) Woke up, took a shower and came back to check my mail/the regular websites I visit. On the Chaser Forums (link on right), I found this game that looks interesting. It's LEGOs! You build crap! J and I want to make a big building and some spaceships.. we'll see what happens.

2) This one will take a little explaining. A couple weeks ago I had a paper due for my History of America 1945-Present class. So I turned it in and got it back 2 days ago. To my horror, I discovered that I FAILED TO FINISH IT. The paper even ends in the middle of a sentence! I couldn't believe I did something like that. Neither could my professor (haha). But she gave me a B on it and told me that if I brought it back finished today then she would give me more points... this is amazing, considering the woman has been a very harsh grader in the past. So I gave the paper a proper ending and took it back. As I turned it in this morning, the professor asks me if it would be ok if she made a copy of the paper to use as an example of "excellent writing." I'm standing there thinking 'Ok.. you think an excellent paper is unfinished and deserving of a B?" What a weird experience.

3) Get in to work and I'm assigned a new project. Boss wants me to take 3 short clips from an interview with the judge that first integrated UGA. Only problem is that the interviewer screws up in his questioning with a bunch of pauses and "uhhh"s. So I quickly devised a way to edit that junk out.. a much quicker way than Boss expected. I finished the project in roughly 25 minutes.. and it took about 10 to export as Quicktime and to burn to CD. So in all, roughly 35-40 minutes. I turned it back in and Boss is like "Wha.. nice job." Yup yup.

Family is coming up tomorrow. J's dad and bro are coming today. It'll be a big Wartown party in Athens this weekend. We're going to be taking them by the apartments we want to move in to. Kinda scary actually, because the dorms are all full so people are going for the apartments like CRAZY. I'm worried we won't be able to get what we want. But I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BPW is a BEAST! Plain and simple

#Rollins Stamp of Approval#