Monday, January 24, 2005

The below is now Office Space

Typing this from work. I might start updating this thing from work, at least on my lunch breaks I guess (while I devour a bag lunch from the dining hall). The past couple of weeks I have started working at my new job here at OISD. Basically, my responsibilities here include editing video/audio, shooting lectures, and generally anything multimedia-wise that could be needed by a faculty member here at UGA. The equipment they have here is all really nice, top of the line stuff. Only problem is that right now there really isn't anything to do. With it being the start of the semester, there aren't many jobs for us to cover just yet. So I've just been getting used to the nifty software programs they have on this computer, like LiveType and DVD Studio Pro. Oh, btw.. I've got my own OFFICE and my own COMPUTER. It's a G4 Mac with all the bells and whistles. It's nice. But like I said, it gets pretty boring here not having anything to do. I'm working 20 hours a week here and then I have 12 hours of classes scheduled around this job. Unfortunately, that means I'm out of my room from 8:30am-5:00pm every weekday. I guess that makes my life seem more like I have a real 8 hour job.. not sure if I like waking up that early though. Today is payday though, so that's always fun.. we'll see exactly how much I end up receiving after taxes. BEFORE taxes, I should receive $320 for two weeks work. Ah well, money is money. And it's going to a good cause.

0 comments: