Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Mi dia ultima de trabajo

>Well, today was my final day of working at the video store. I've been keeping a sort of mini-journal of the interesting nights at work over on the Chaser forums. I'll import them over here someday so they'll be an easier to manage collection.

I'm excited about working at my new job. It is here on campus (right across the street) and is practically the perfect job that I could have as an undergraduate. I'll be working for an office here at the university that films lectures for professors to use in their curriculums, as well as filming and editing short promotional videos for the university in general. My supervisors seem like awesome people, and I can't wait to work with them.

But yeah, my last night at work at the video store was pretty funny. I didn't really care very much, so I basically just watched some movies. The funniest moment of the night involved my manager and this thug-looking guy. The conversation went like this (ver batum):

Manager: *opens member's account* Sir, it seems that you have about $30 in late fees.
Guy: What? From when?
Manager: February of 2000, sir.
Guy: Man, that ain't right. I was in jail in 2000.
Manager: Uhhh...
Guy: It had to have been one of my babys' mamas.
Manager: ......

It took all of my self control to keep from laughing. Hilarious.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry Rollins demands more useless babbling.