Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What an ending!

Wow. I finished Half Life 2: Episode 2 last night, and that's the only word I can think of to describe the final hour of the game. Wow. Or maybe "really-freakin-hard!"

I don't know if it is because I was playing with a console controller or what, but I had the hardest time finishing the final battle in White Forest. I found myself really struggling with the controls during the fight.. I'm not sure if I would have faced the same problem were I played it on the PC. I ended up dying a good bit! I won't post any spoilers or anything, because J might read this before he completes the Orange Box.

Overall, I'd say I was pretty pleased with the Orange Box. I enjoyed Portal, thought Episode 1 was pretty good, and thought the last half of Episode 2 was freaking awesome. The first half, not so much.. pretty boring actually. I didn't play much Team Fortress.. I tried it out for a bit, but wasn't really impressed. It's going to be a really long time before I play a multiplayer FPS that rivals Call of Duty 4.

0 comments: