Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Resurrection

Out of seemingly nowhere, I've decided to begin updating this blog again. Over 2 years have passed, and alot has happened. However, I'm going to keep the personal stuff short and brief. I will be taking this blog in a whole new direction. Formerly, it was more of a random thing. I would post about various things I found on the internet, or things going on in my life. The blog will surely still contain some of that. However, I hope to incorporate alot more aspects that tie into gaming. For example, on the right hand side of the blog you will see a running list of games that I'm playing now, as well as a list of games that I've beaten recently. With being married now, I have a lot less time for gaming. But I hope to keep this updated as regularly as possible.

Gaming Update!
Back in September, I took the plunge and signed up for an account at Gamefly. So far, I would rate the experience as a positive one. It sucks that the distribution center that ships to Georgia is all the way in California though. Sometimes it takes a week for a game to make it to me. Most times though, it's only around 4 days or so. So far, I've been able to play Excitetruck, Animal Crossing, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, Mario Party 8, and a couple others thanks to Gamefly. Right now, I'm awaiting GUN for the PS2 to arrive in my mailbox. I've heard good things. It's nice to be able to keep up with the industry, without having to shell out a bunch of money buying stuff.

I should be picking up an Xbox360 in the very near future. I'm excited. The system supports a large library of great games, but the one I'm looking forward to the most is Mass Effect, set to release November 20, 2007. Everything I've seen about this game just blows me away. I'm also excited about Assassin's Creed and the possibility to play already released games like Bioshock, Halo 3, and Crackdown.

So yeah, I just want to reiterate how I'm hoping to keep this thing going. With the sheer number of quality games coming out in the near future, I'm sure I'll be good to go!

0 comments: